sreda, 11. april 2012

to my other half (to them who dont speak slovene)

no one will ever understand. sometimes is better things and feelings to stay lost in translation , right?
maybe.
since i was a little girl i wanted to travel. there is an amazing quote : "all of this started many years ago. back then i was a little girl. impressed by pictures; of beautiful places and people. i started with overwhelming desire. be able to travel one day."
right now, stading infornt of one oy my life hardest decision and looking back. hey girl, you should be proud. how many people admire you for that? i know much, but i dont care. cause its not about them. its simply about me. is not the decision about buying blue or blac shoes. that due to dadys girls i never been. but i probably wanted to be. he never gave me atetion i needed so i started to fill myself with other feeling, that means much more than anything will mean to me ever.
back in primary in high school of course my favorite subject was geography. i prove to myself thath when i really wish something i will do my best to work this wish out. 
it was 2005, first year at high school, first working experience (man you need money to travel; not much actually, but you do). my room. cover with map of the world, postcards from all over. 
may 2005 the big begining. spain.france.monaco.-france.spain.turkey.spain.spain.new york.mexico.egypt.tunisia.canada.california.mexico. serbia. netherlands. 
being in slovenia for a long period of time; it makes me think that all travelling ive done, all nature and cities ive visited is simply nothing comparing to all amazing people i met. all cultures i learned to accept. all diviesity that simply showed me how similar we are. and taking travelling as excuse because not being happy where you actually belong is shit. travelling to share and learn is amazing. 
but people i met on my way know that me travelling is totaly different that 99,9% of people travelling. 
sujin,ece,mertih,nelda,sara,flor,natalia,alejandro,jasmina,tatiana,paula,utku,ulises,chio,marisa,diana,kristijan,amine,randon woman i met on street in s.f,chris,mario,nancy thank you for helping me grow.
special few lines are for reserved for adeebi. someone i met in my hometown. but still feeling like lost in translation. thanky you for changing my life forever. thank you for taking me simply as i am. any being able to believe in me in all ideas and thoughts i have in my mind. 

even being white, never was easy. its like people here dont like black. its hard to get under the skin of latinos in other places. to all fucking racists on this world i hate sooooooo much. like someone is different and potential threat for you, you are for someone. IS THAT HARD TO GET? just continue with this shit. in life you always get what you give.

thursday was special. i had a lecture about travelling. not regular one. i named it, dont be afraid of flying. i was. but meeting you on my way, gave me wings. i wish you were there on thursday. i achieved something that is not rated from 1-10 or D-A, something that doenst have a price. i achieved feeling, to able to explain to people who are ready to listen, what all this is about.

back in september i was part of tourism conference. after all was finishe i asked my profesor for a opinion about my work... because we have this profesional relationship i expected anything else but this.


"petra. it was not about rates and grades. you can simply not rate a conection with foreing people. your honest smile is all you need. but it should be honest"

3 komentarji:

  1. i loved your text you really should publish what you write :) .

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. one day petra,,, one day,,, for i have got the honer to spend a couple of months in your life,,,, if you know 10% of who you are and what you can do i will be the first one to buy your books :)
    ste neverjetno

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  3. still from that far, you can lift me up. i will try tp translate te latest i wrote last night :) need ur opinion!
    thank you

    OdgovoriIzbriši

Dolga pot domov/ A long way home/ Pitkä matka kotiin

Time flies....part I. It has been a while, few years to be more precise, since I have wrote some personal blog. Meanwhile I did write f...